Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Chiropractor

A couple of days ago, I went to the chiropractor for the first time.  Recently I have been having some trouble with my back, and thought it would be a good idea to make a quick trip to see Dr. Rick Dunlap.

Dr. Rick Dunlap had been recommended by Samantha Barczak a dancer with Pennsylvania Ballet who had been to see him the week before about a neck and back problem.

First I received a warm damp towel to help the muscles in my back relax, before giving my lower back muscles a quick pummel with a massager.  This aided in the loosening of the muscles.  Before the “adjustment”, Dr. Dunlap then placed blocks under my hips while I was laying face down to assist the muscles in releasing my back.

Dr. Dunlap then performed an “adjustment” on my back.  It was a very interesting experience.  I was not expecting my back to click so many times!  In all honesty, I felt both scared and excited when he repeated the adjustment on the second side, afraid he would snap me in half, but enjoying the stretch and the clicking at the same time!

After the “adjustment” I felt my back was unconstrained, however, I am still experiencing a pain.  Another visit may be in order!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe he can look at my back?? My lower back has been the green monster of all back pains. Does he visit London often? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately not, he's based in Philadelphia, but I'm sure there are some very good chiropractors based in London!
    It might be a good idea to research into who is the Chiropractor for the Royal Ballet or English National Ballet. They would only use the best medical practitioners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jacob, thanks for the advice. I've rested all day and I'm feeling a little bit better. If I'm not 100% by Thursday I will book to see a Chiropractor. How's life in the States?

    ReplyDelete