Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chinese Acupressure Massage


So it’s the first time I had ever had a massage, apart from several sports massages in the past.  Now I really do fee sports massage working and loosening the muscle, so I was skeptical about other types of massage.

Chinese Acupressure also known as “Tuina Chinese Massage Technique”, uses trigger points in order to release and relax the muscle. Using different rhythms and pressures create various styles of acupressure.

All I can say was that the therapist found every trigger point which was painful, yet calming (in a masochistic way that only dancers think in).  I felt so much more relaxed and at ease after the massage.  I would highly recommend acupressure massage to anyone who was considering it, plus it was really good value too!

I did however find it hilarious that in the middle of the massage, the music for Black Swan started playing from the sound system, but with a Chinese twang!

1 comment:

  1. Jacob you know how to make a London Girl jealous!! (which is a good thing) I want one now. I'm going to have to call my local spa and check if they have one, or a Chinese massage place and see if they can fit me in.

    I hope your back is feeling refreshed after the massage.

    Hope all is well in the states.

    Lily

    ReplyDelete