Saturday, March 2, 2013

"Link Tank"

One of the elements of this course was to discover and use different forms of comunication to the full.

Skype is a wonderful advance in technology.  I was very interested to read of Adosola's plans to experiment with skype to try to involve students who are unable to  attend campus sessions as they work in different countries or live at great distances from the University.  

One of the problems of this idea is the time differences.  However, i'm sure with a bit of work and determination this can be overcome.  Adosola refers to it as a 'think tank' but i believe it would be more aptly named a 'link tank', as it would give the students the opportunity to join together not only in thoughts (which can be done with the written word) but to have a voice and receive immediate reactions to their ideas.  This I believe would be highly motivating and I look forward to hearing other students thoughts on this matter.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. I am very excited to try it out for the next campus session on the 13th March. Like you I am working in America so luckily the session for module 3 is in the afternoon (UK time) so it is possible. I think it will be more difficult when they do morning sessions.
    Hopefully I am going to be able to chat to Paula before then so I can get a better understanding of how it will work.
    Are you planning on joining via Skype this time?
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Emily- can we try again in April or - Jacob and I are just trying to hook up whenever possible - so call me or join in Adesola's scheduled drop-ins - maybe next week - will go and see if you are on skype now... no luck but will try again.

    ReplyDelete